After the selling transaction has been approved by both you and Geolat, we recommend you use the following guidelines when shipping to us.
Ship the item or items within 1 business day of transaction approval.
For items over $2,500 please select overnight shipping with insurance (Please note: shipment orders with most carriers placed Friday through Sunday will be shipped on the following Monday for Tuesday delivery).
FedEx Registered Mail (usually 2 – 5 days, not guaranteed)
Up to $1,000 – $25
$1,001 to $1,500 – $30
$1,501 to $2,000 – $35
$2,001 to $2,499 – $40
Up to $2,500 – $60
$2,501 to $4,999 – $75
$5,000 to $9,999 – $90
$10,000 to $14,999 – $105
$15,000 to $19,999 – $120
$20,000 to $25,000 – $135
You must ship the package to us registered insured through Fedex, UPS or USPS, fully insured for the retail value, and pack the items safely and securely. If you have any questions regarding these procedures please contact us at the numbers provided.
Packing & Shipping Tips
- Always ship in sturdy, nondescript boxes and seal with high-quality packing tape. Never ship valuables in any type of envelope or folder.
- Use boxes larger than 7″ x 4″ x 2″
- Pack boxes with care. Use packaging material to properly cushion your items and avoid shifting or rattling of box contents.
- Double-box your packages. For extra protection, reinforce your shipments by placing valuables inside a smaller box, then place box into a larger one.
- Place a copy of the transaction and packing slip inside the inner shipping box.
- Include the carrier tracking number and contact information for both the sender and the recipient.
- Address your packages carefully. To avoid revealing the contents, label the outside box cautiously; never use business names or jewelry terms in the shipping or return addresses.
- If shipping multiple packages, avoid taping the boxes together.
- It is important to notify package recipients about the contents of your shipment and its expected delivery date and time.
- Geolat & Associates will check each package before signing for delivery.
Unless otherwise stated, all gemstones are graded and evaluated in their mountings to the maximum extent that the mounting permits examination. Approximate weights are formulated by taking measurements and applying acceptable formulas; as such they are estimates only. Keen determination of color, clarity and proportions may be prevented by certain types of mountings, small fancy, round, full and single, and baguette cut diamonds (melee) are evaluated according to their approximate weights and average quality grades using Gemological Institute of America (GIA) grading scale.
Major diamonds are graded with the use of pre-graded permanent master diamonds color comparison stones and the grading nomenclature prescribed by the GIA. Colored Gemstones are graded using the GIA prescribed colored stones grading system and nomenclature. Major colored stones are described using Gem Dialogue color grading system and/or GemeWizard.
Because mountings prohibit full and accurate observation of gem quality and weight, all data pertaining to mounted gems can be considered as approximate unless accompanied by an independent laboratory certificate (AGL, EGL, GIA). Unless otherwise stated, all color gemstones and pearls are assumed to be subject to a relatively stable and possibly undetected color or clarity enhancement.
Authenticity, antiquity, decorative periods, vintages and or circa dating are determined to the best of our ability based on materials incorporated, methods of manufacture, design, hallmarks and signatures, lapidary techniques, technological developments and consultation of our extensive reference library and materials. Dating and period attributions are not an exact science as decorative periods frequently overlap and borrow influences from one another.